June 28, 2010
This just in… we are proud to announce that our founder Lorie is serving as national spokesperson for Goodwill Industries International, and as ambassador for “THE DONATE MOVEMENT!”
We are honored to represent Goodwill Industries International! Lorie is serving as the national spokesperson to launch the Donate Movement, a new social responsibility platform designed to raise awareness about the importance of donating gently used items and the positive impact those items have on people and the planet.
Read the complete press release here.
Most people donate household items without ever considering the impact those donations are making on their neighborhoods and the world. When making a financial donation, people carefully consider where they are donating, and we want people to understand that donations of belongings are just as valuable.
Many people don’t realize that Goodwill provides job training programs, employment placement services, and other community based programs for people who are facing challenges to finding employment, like disabilities or lack of education or experience.
Did you know:
- One working computer gives a person 5.3 hours of career counseling
- 1 bike, 1 coat and 1 DVD provides a person with one hour of on-the-job training
- 6 shirts and 2 pairs of jeans provides a person with 1 hour of a job search class
According to a survey just done for Goodwill, for every one article of clothing consumers donate, they have at least 30 more that are ready to be donated. Calculate the impact of your donation here.
See Lorie’s nationally televised public service announcement by clicking here.
Public Service Announcements for the Donate Movement:
Interviews with Lorie Marrero about her involvement with the Donate Movement:
Click here to listen to Lorie’s 20 radio interviews announcing this honor.
Need help getting organized? Here are 3 ways we can help:
- Get our FREE report, “30 Ways to Find Time to Get Organized“
- Get 14 days of unlimited FREE advice from our team of Certified Professional Organizers®
- Get your house in shape® with the Clutter Diet® book